Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tip: How to get an alternative to MAC's chromagraphic pencil or products similar

This is a great tutorial by Lisa Eldridge. I love it but I don't have a pencil like MAC's Chromagraphic pencil. So I did some thinking and came up with an alternative with what I had.


This is what you'll need:
-An eyeliner pencil, preferably a harder one (I chose E.L.F's eye widener in pearl white because the pencil is too hard for me to actually use on my eyes so it was just laying around doing nothing)
-A creamy concealer (I used an Avon one I got on sale that didn't quite match enough to use on my skin) Make sure it is safe to put on your waterline!
I took the concealer and scraped some product on my hand. (please excuse the eyeliner swatch below the concealer)You only need a little bit of product.

Now you just take the eyeliner and get an even layer of the concealer over the tip like so:

And you're ready to line your lower waterline. Here are some tips on getting it to stay longer:
1) Right before you put on the concealer, dry your waterline. Take a q-tip or something similar and run it across the water line.
2) Chosse a concealer with good staying power and isn't too creamy, otherwise it travels to the corners of your eyes easily and builds up there.
Good-luck with this and I hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment