Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stories: A messy room

There are some things that you think happen in movies or stories in books, things that can only happen in fiction. There are also things that happen in real life way too often. I'm going to start telling those stories and all those in between and have the title start with "Stories:" Feel free to skip them, but it gives me a chance to put down my little stories somewhere. Here's the first one:


When I was in 7th grade I had some friends over. Now, I'm not exactly the tidiest person and my room was a mess. There were baskets of clothes both clean and dirty out, my blankets were half on the ground, clinging to the bed. I had a few other items strewn here and there and it was just bad. I figured we could just hang out and play games on the main level and the door to my bedroom upstairs stayed firmly closed. Of course my friends insisted on seeing my room, but I kept refusing.

Eventually they wore me down and I told them to give me five minutes and had them wait outside my door. While they were sitting there with my youngest sister who was around 3 or 4 years old at the time I was frantically shoving the baskets of clothes in my closet and shoving things under the bed to try and create an illusion of a somewhat cluttered, but still mariginally clean, room. After that, I let them in and one of the first things my sister does is go over to my closet and she says,"Look at her closet" whilst opening the side of the closet that had the baskets of clothing piled up. My friends laughed and said, "Well I guess we know what she was doing."

I wish I could say I learned my lesson, but I still have some problems organizing. At least it isn't to the extent it was back then. (Or maybe it is, shhhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment